Saturday, June 9, 2012

i'd live there...

Today we spent the afternoon on the beach in Kahala. This isn't some little local Hawaiian town with cute little Hawaiian homes, well... there might be some cute little Hawaiian homes, but it's still going to cost you at least a couple of million dollars to buy one. I didn't stutter. But one thing I noticed, sprinkled in the middle of this ritzy neighborhood are many abandoned, empty houses. And they look so sad to me. Poor little multi-million dollar mansions.

This one in particular really tripped me out. Beachfront home, three balconies, stained glass windows, gazebo, in-ground pool, and TENNIS COURTS. Empty. Abandoned. Left for dead.


The house next door was also abandoned - that's their gate. But hey, at least the landscaping is still beautiful!!?!?! Tons of homes for sale too. Sign of the times, I suppose.

Here are some of the more beautiful (non-abandoned) homes in Kahala.


I'd definitely live there.

**My mother-in-law gave me some backstory about all those abandoned homes, so I did a little more digging. It's ridiculous. They're all owned by Japanese billionaire, Gensiro Kawamoto. And as much as he wants people to think he's doing a "good deed," I totally don't buy it. And neither do most people, it seems. However, that is just my honest opinion. This story is just so bizarre. Here's one of many articles about him.**

No comments:

Post a Comment