A break from Facebook is called a Facebreak... and that's what I'm on now. Truth be told, my account is scheduled for deletion in 2 weeks. We'll see if I can hang in there. I may be more inclined to let the account go to Facebook Heaven (or Hell, most likely), after reading a book recommended by a friend called "
iDisorder: Understanding Our Obsession with Technology and Overcoming It's Hold on Us." Ain't that the truth? What IS the obsession with documenting our EVERY waking moment for hundreds of mostly acquaintances to read? Don't get my wrong, I have lots of friends and family on there that I love reading about their day, and love sharing my life from across the Pacific, but for the most part it's people I've met along the way. And I'm not discrediting THAT, or them, rather, but do they care about the ins and outs of my days as a stay-at-home-mom? Probably not. I am as guilty as ever of the overshare. It's addicting. I don't know exactly why it's so addicting, but maybe this book will shed a little light on that.
I wanted to keep Facebook personal. But with 400+ friends... how is that even remotely personal??
Anyway, I have this blog. This is my outlet. And my friends and family know that they can find me here.
Now, here's a few recent photos of our cute little buggah.
PS - Yeah, mealtimes are always fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment