Friday, April 14, 2017

birthday reflections

On Monday I turned 36, and it was a day filled with business as usual. I took Christian to school, where he announced to his class that it was my birthday and, "she's 36!!!" Cora and I went to Down to Earth, the local health food store, to grab our usual Powerful Protein smoothie that she loves. We walked down to Ross, and then to the Kapolei Aquarium... oh, also known as Petco. We said hi to the kitties that needed homes and pondered what Baxter would think of a new baby brother or sister (of the feline variety). We made our way into Cookies, a little clothing boutique and then to the end all be all, Target. In an amazing birthday feat, I walked out without purchasing one single thing. Rob was in ground school all day (captain upgrade!!!!), and we had kind of made plans for dinner, but since it would have been a late start out the house, I was just too pooped by the end of the day. Maybe tonight? I DID get treated to an amazing belated birthday brunch and mimosas and a delicious smelling lei by my friend, Lacy. I love this girl and am SO beyond sad she'll be leaving this summer.

My life, my loves, my heart.

I really feel like 35 was a monumental year. SO much happened. We traveled, I finally got to go on another trip with Rob, to Brisbane where I held a koala bear and fed kangaroos. There was the passing of a friend who was too young, and my aunt, also too young. I had to get my very first mammogram when I found a lump in my breast, and my doctor thought it better that I get it checked out. (All is ok!) I learned a lot about friendships that I thought couldn't be shaken, said goodbye to more friends that moved off island, made many wonderful new friends, and finally...FINALLY feel like I really found my niche on this side of the island. I am going to be the new president of the MOMS Club - Leeward chapter, which is ironic and exciting! I have a vision for this next season of MOMS Club and I am so excited to plug into my community even more. I'm hoping that Rob and I can meet other couples in the area and maybe find a bible study or small group we can join. We're still looking for a new church on this side of the island but have decided that Easter Sunday will be our last Sunday at our current church.

I love this man more than life itself! We will be celebrating 11 years of marriage at the end of the month!


This is my motto for 36! ;)


And more adventures!

Thank you all for the birthday love. I am looking forward to another year. I am praising God for our health, my marriage, my children, family, friends, and another year in the books.

Happy Aloha Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment