Aloha Friday!!
I am absolutely in love with the picture of Rob reading to Christian. I snapped it last night after Christian's bath time. He loves to read... or have books read to him rather. His absolute favorite is the one Rob is reading in the picture - Guess Who Baby Animals - he loves the anticipation of the "pop-up." He will stare at the page where you "open" the elephant trunk to see the baby elephant underneath. Loves it! And since babies like routine and repetition, we tend to cycle through the same few books at night. Dr. Seuss's The Foot Book, The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Iza Trapani (the first verse is the traditional Itsy Bitsy Spider song, and the rest of the book is other adventures of the spider). We sing the whole thing, of course.
It's finally time. This Sunday is the Wahine half-marathon! I'm not really nervous about it despite how not prepared I am. It'll be my third half-marathon, and I'm way stoked to be running it with a friend. Well, I'm sure there will be some walking involved, at least on my part. It starts bright and early at 6am! I'll be heading to the expo tomorrow to pick up my race packet and goodies. I'm still deciding if I should wear lots of pink. Or maybe just some pink.
Rob is full speed ahead in ground school. But I'm hoping he won't have to be in until noon on Sunday and will be able to come to the race.
The Daniel Fast is full-speed ahead, with only a few little bumps this week. I think this was the second week. I did breakdown and have some coffee...and maybe chocolate cake one night. But the up and down at all hours of the night with a nursing baby had me drained. As for the cake, it just looked really really yummy. And for a while my weight loss had completely stopped. I just hovered around the same weight for what seemed like forever. Well, it looks like this is just what my body needed because the scale is on the move again. Oh, so you mean, all I have to do is eat healthy and exercise to lose weight? What a concept. Derp.
Last night, for the first time in MONTHS, Christian slept all the way through until 6am. WOOOOO HOOOOO! No really, WOOOO HOOOOO! When I woke up at 5am... and realized it was 5am, I immediately made sure he was still breathing. So, he CAN do this sleep through the night thing.
That's about it for us this week and weekend! I hope you have a great one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment