Friday, March 23, 2012

(a very very late) aloha friday!

This is currently what's going on at the kitchen table.


Today was Rob's first day of ground school for the A330, and this will probably be what our kitchen table looks like every night for the next month. Lots of studying, lots of furrowed eyebrows.

As for Christian and I, we've been having lots of fun with our new friends Amy and Luca! We decided to join the "kid's gym" so we could have something to do during the day. There's only so much you can do in the tiny confines of our living room. And boy is on the move! So I signed up for "unlimited" classes during the week. They hold "class" at least six days a week (I think?) and then there's free play time. Christian has a ball. Loves it! Bubbles. Maracas. Balls. Toys. Castles. Puppets. Songs. Parachutes. A BALL PIT. Tons of other babies all crawling and drooling on each other.


After a mere hour and a half at the gym, this is what happens on the walk home.


So guess what we're doing tomorrow? Yep! Play time with friends! (And Mommy time too.) 

This is why I love being a stay-at-home-mom. I love meeting up at the beach, spreading out the blanket, and watching the kids eat sand. Or, walking to the kiddie gym chatting about how much we love Hawaii...but how awful the drivers are. Oh wait. I mean, I love that Christian has a new buddy to play with. And all the great social interaction he gets while at the gym, and the songs that teach him where his toes are, and the bubbles that develop their visual tracking skills. And I do, but let's be real, it's about the Mommy-time too! But I really do love that Christian has such a great time and watching how he interacts with the other little babes. Usually there's pulling, grabbing, and climbing involved. It's chaos. What I love the most is being there to see his "firsts." I love that today, for the first time, he crawled more than one step and a face plant. It does not elude me how blessed I am to get share and have these moments with my little guy. 

Yesterday we headed over to the beach, where Christian ate all of the sand. How many times can one person say, "No, don't eat the sand." A lot.  

♥♥♥

One thing that will not be happening this weekend, is this. Floatopia? What? Alright, Amy and I talked about walking down there tomorrow after kiddie gym. There is a small part of me that is curious as to what this madness is going to look like. 

I'd like to say I'll be doing lots of running this week because the Diva Half-marathon is next Sunday, but I probably won't. I may go out for a run here or there, but ain't no way I'm running 13.1 miles next week. Let's not even pretend. Training for a race is infinitely harder with a baby! I'm exhausted. I don't sleep at night. I can't really take him for long runs in the BOB. He tolerates maybe a few miles at most. It's hard to push the BOB for long anyway. I have to time the runs around his naps and hunger. It's too hot during the middle of the day, so that leaves early morning after he first wakes up (and I'm still a zombie) or after his late nap, and even then it's still pretty warm outside. So yeah, I give up. I'm just going to go and have fun, which was the plan anyway. 

I still need to take Christian's seven month photos! Which reminds me - I need to pick up his portraits from Sears. Maybe tomorrow... after Floatopia. 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment